Friday 5 September 2014

Seedy CDs


Nope, not those stunning (or not) Cross Dressers. Nor the 3rd  and 4th letters of our word-tastic alphabet.

No I mean Compact Discs (why not Disks?) that some of you might have in your collection that you either purchased or were presented with that you now feel that can never play again…



I’m talking your ‘Rolf Harris’s Hits’, your ‘Glitter Band’s Greatest’, your ‘Jonathan King’s Kollection’ and the theme from ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ on that TV compilation album you once had on vinyl.



Once found guilty it’s just not a done thing to listen to these performers anymore is it?

For my older readers, imagine if you fell in love to Gary Glitter singing ‘I Love, You Love, Me Love’…that lowlife scum has ruined everything. In fact you might as well break up.



Whilst never a fan of GG, I did have 3 (count ‘em) THREE, Rolf Harris CD’s. I’ve never been ashamed of any of the music I like, but frankly I can’t bring myself to listen to his songs again given the tarnish brought upon the artist – so they’ve now been disposed of, and consequently the Aerobie has a new flying rival.



And more musical Frisbees could be on the way. Already there are plenty who want young Clifford Pilchard to be guilty regardless of the truth, and if he is guilty as (not yet) charged, then fair do’s, he will need to be forever demonised too..
Not a CD, or an MP3, but oh how I loved them!


But let’s first see how things pan out for Cliff, as it’ll be Lonely This Cliffmas without Harry Webb.*

*not a view shared with the wife, who always felt he was a wrong’un!



(Awaits people to throw Michael Jackson back at me. You do know he had his day in court right…?) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment